Friday, September 7, 2007

Thing 19 - Web 2.0 awards

As part of this exercise I tried a few sites. Google maps is one that I had heard about, but never really tried before. I like that I can see the location in relation to streets. Map Quest gives you driving directions, but you never know how far you need to go after that last turn to find your spot. With Google maps, it points right to it with a big arrow. Very helpful for me.

Google maps definitely have a library application. How often do we get asked for directions?!?

I was less impressed with the other sites I tried. Care2 and Donor Choose were less intuitive. I had to hunt around to find out what they were about - why were they there. I was also less successful in getting responses for what I was searching for. I don't see an application for either of these sites.

No comments: